Firstly, its confession time.
We are all guilty of setting new years resolutions in the hope to become thinner, fitter or healthier, yet by the time february is through us weak-willed fools have already stuffed that chocolate muffin in our face or had a cheeky glass of wine in front of the tele after a long day at work. It happens to the best of us, and at least we can say we tried, right?
Well not this year.. 2017 We’re ready for you!
I have created a list of little, do-able things that will benefit my day to day life, and (hopefully) help me to become more organised, proactive and creative.
. . .
- I will always carry a book in my bag. Trains will be delayed, shopping queues will be long and i will undoubtedly be stuck in traffic at some point or another; Carrying the book I’m currently reading will help me to fill dead time, rather than scrolling through Instagram or Facebook.
- Book a gym class i enjoy. I’m not much of an avid gym-goer, and when i do eventually push myself to go, I’m usually hating every minute and clock watching as i huff and puff on the treadmill. This year, I want to book more classes I actually enjoy, like Yoga and pilates to encourage me to get off my ass and get into shape.
- Have more ‘me time’ I think this is super important for everyone from time to time. Allowing half an hour to an hour to unwind doing whatever makes you happy. For me, its having a bath with a Lush bath bomb, slipping into fresh pyjamas, lighting some candles and reading a book. Bliss.
- Ask more questions. This is a bit vague, but I want to open my mind to new things. To be more curious about the world and how things work.
- Write more. I’m not talking necessarily about blogging or at work. I mean handwritten notes. When I was younger i used to write to a pen pal who lived in Washington, I would absolutely love to do that again! (If anyone is interested, drop me a message)
- Stick to a blog schedule. I love blogging, its easily my favourite hobby and i definitely think 2017 is the year to step it up a notch and be more proactive.
- Save money. No explanation needed on this one.
What are your new year resolutions?
I hope you all have a great new years eve and a healthy and happy 2017.