5 reasons to switch to cruelty-free beauty products.

5 reasons to switch to cruelty-free beauty products.

Recently I made a conscious effort to ensure that all my beauty products are 100% cruelty free. After I started blogging I began doing a bit of research into the brands that still use animal testing for their products and discovered that thankfully for every brand that does, there are dozens that dont.

On that note, I thought i’d share 5 simple reasons why you might want to consider switching to cruelty-free products (I also threw in a handful of Lisa Simpson gifs, because she’s the cutest animal activist going)

Hundreds of great beauty brands are cruelty-free

There are so many amazing cruelty-free brands readily available today. Gone are the days when choosing cruelty-free products meant breaking the bank or having to go to a specific store just to purchase a bar of soap. NOPE, those days are way behind us. Luckily even the mainstream household name brands have gone cruelty-free.

Animal testing for beauty products is unnecessary.

Firstly, cosmetics are 90% for vanity, lets be honest. Makeup, skincare etc is used to enhance the way we look, so why should innocent animals suffer for that? Not to mention the fact that companies today can choose from a list of over 7,000 ingredients that have already been proven as safe to use for consumers, so what is the need to test on animals? It is said that the companies that make the choice to test more ingredients on animals do so because they want to discover new ingredients that could potentially lead to increased profits.

Animal testing is crueler than you think

I was shocked when I discovered the extent labs go to test products and the level of cruelty they inflict on the poor animals tested. I won’t go into detail but if you want to know more you can read it here.

Many Cruelty-free brands are budget-friendly

As I mentioned previously, buying cruelty-free cosmetics is no longer a pricey ordeal. Some of the cheapest brands in the makeup/beauty world are now cruelty-free including ELF, Pixi beauty Lush and Bomb Cosmetics, just to name a few!

You can make a difference

Finally, by choosing to buy cruelty-free makeup and beauty products you are essentially sending a message to the beauty industry in a way they understand – money. If enough consumers boycott brands that still choose to test on animals, we can make a change and hopefully influence them to stop testing on innocent animals.

Love,

11 Comments

1. jazziepickles
    April 8, 2018 / 8:19 pm

I’m on my way to becoming cruelty free, I need to still find some alternative skincare products that work well on my skin and then I’m there. It breaks my heart innocent animals are forced to live a life of experiments and are harmed. Why use animals when we have prisons full of rapists and paedophiles?

• megan
      Author
      April 11, 2018 / 10:59 am

Agreed! and great, glad to hear it! <3

2. April 8, 2018 / 8:23 pm

Going cruelty free is such a great achievement, well done! I think I really need to make a conscious effort to start only buying cruelty free. Sometimes it’s tricky to be certain as some brands are so deceiving! Superdrug own make-up and skincare is amazing and cheap, and cruelty free! x

Alice | http://www.accordingtoalicex.com

• megan
      Author
      April 11, 2018 / 10:59 am

Thanks so much Alice 🙂 x

3. ashton
    April 9, 2018 / 3:55 pm

I love this and I am enjoying the shift.I am being more aware of what I buy and from what brand I buy it from

• megan
      Author
      April 11, 2018 / 10:59 am

Good news. Thanks Ashton <3

4. April 9, 2018 / 6:40 pm

I definitely need to make more of an effort to do this and I’ll put my hands up and say I haven’t really looked into it much! Loving the Lisa Simpson gifs too! Great post lovely, really got my thinking cap on! ❤️

• megan
      Author
      April 11, 2018 / 10:58 am

Thanks Gabs 🙂 xx

5. April 10, 2018 / 4:05 pm

I’m trying to switch to cruelty-free beauty at the moment and trying to ensure that whatever I buy isn’t tested on animals – I think it’s appalling that companies still do and it’s really upsetting xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

6. April 11, 2018 / 4:04 pm

The majority of the products I use are cruelty-free, the only one I’m aware of that isn’t is my mascara which I just cannot seem to find a good, affordable alternative for! Damn you Maybelline. Some companies can be so deceiving in the fact they’ll hide their ethics because they’re ashamed of it or they’ll claim they’re cruelty free because they are in THIS country but not in China. Ridiculous!
    Alice Xx

7. April 17, 2018 / 11:55 am

I really am trying to be more conscious but annoyingly the one foundation I’ve found that works well on my skin tests on animals and it disappoints me so much 🙁 x

Lily | The Wellbeing Edit