The millennial cult | Glossier

Don’t mind me i’ll just be over here contributing to Glossier’s internet takeover with this post.

I’ve recently jumped on the Glossier bandwagon to see what all the fuss is about and after trying the products for a few weeks i thought i’d report back and share what i’ve been loving and what i think is overrated.

CLOUD PAINT – DUSK

The cloud paints are cream blushers with a pillowy-gel cream formula. Admittedly they are quite expensive for a blusher at £15 a small tube however a little goes a long way!

Before i started using product i wasn’t sold on the idea of cream blushers, or cream products on the face in general (other than foundation and concealer) but this was a complete game changer.

Due to my combination skin, i’ll occasionally get quite a dry, dull complexion, so having something that is creamy and light with a natural finish is exactly what my makeup bag was missing.

Conclusion: This product definitely lives up to the hype. I will definitely be ordering more of these little beauties when payday rolls around!

BOYBROW

Glossier’s most hyped product, The Boy Brow.

My eyebrows are quite flat and i unfortunately don’t have that on trend ‘bushy’ look which i want so badly! So when i received my order for this product i was convinced it would dramatically change the look of my eyebrows, because thats what the internet was telling me…

I’ll confess i was underwhelmed by this product. Don’t get me wrong, its a great texture and doesn’t leave your eyebrows crusty like most gels do (big tick!) however it didn’t work miracles on transforming my brows. I still have to fill them with another product before going in and shaping/setting them with my Boy Brow.

Conclusion: I like it overall but I’m not in a mad rush to repurchase it.

BALM DOTCOM

The Balm dotcom is a super hydrating, long lasting lip balm. It’s thick, waxy texture is ridiculously moisturising and like the cloud paint a little goes a long way, which is useful considering it’s £10 a tube.

I ordered the coconut flavour and it’s the dreamiest flavour/scent!

Conclusion: Big fan of this one. It does what it says on the tin and the Coconut flavour is gorgeous. When i’m next feeling particularly lavish i’ll treat myself to another flavour.

LIPGLOSS

This was my least favourite out of the products i’ve tried. I love the look of the gloss when its first applied. It made my lips look juicy and plump which is what it sets out to do, however as you top up the gloss it starts to get that unpleasant sticky lipgloss feel.

Conclusion: I love the initial look but isn’t as long wearing as i would of liked.

MILK JELLY CLEANSER

Glossier claim that this product is the ultimate daily wash cleanser and so far i have to agree.

I’ve been using this for just over a week now and so far it hasn’t made me breakout (which is a small win for my skin) and has kept my skin hydrated and soft.

It’s got a lovely subtle, rosy scent which is perfect to wake up with. I prefer to use it for a morning cleanse, as opposed to using it during my evening routine as it’s not the best for removing heavy makeup.

Conclusion: I have BIG love for this cleanser. I will definitely be re-purchasing this! I highly recommend it for all skins types, especially for sensitive breakout-prone skin.

The products that are sat in my shopping bag ready to be ordered are the ‘You’ perfume and the Priming moisturiser, so keep your eyes peeled for another review post on those.

If you like the look of any of these products or fancy treating yourself to something Glossier, click HERE to use my 10% off code!

Love,

12 Comments

1. March 11, 2018 / 9:55 am

I’m definitely so late to jump on this bandwagon, but have heard so many people saying how great the jelly Cleanser is, that I think I’ll have to give it a go when the one I’m using runs out! Great post lovely! ❤️

• megan
      Author
      March 12, 2018 / 6:05 pm

Thanks Gabs <3

2. March 11, 2018 / 12:29 pm

I am new to this brand. I think i need to get some products and give them a try. Great post x

• megan
      Author
      March 12, 2018 / 6:06 pm

Thank you lovely! Definitely give them a go, i’m so glad i did!

3. March 12, 2018 / 5:31 pm

I’d never heard of this brand before they hit the UK but I literally see posts about them EVERYWHERE now! Everyone says the Boy Brow is hyped up but I haven’t actually seen a good review of it yet haha! I definitely want to try the jelly cleanser and balm dot com though, they seem to be the most highly rated out of everything i’ve read! They’re definitely on my list 🙂
    Alice Xx

• megan
      Author
      March 12, 2018 / 6:06 pm

I hadn’t either, but i’m so hooked now! Want to try everything aha! xx

4. March 12, 2018 / 11:42 pm

Still need to try Glossier! I bought my house mate some balm dot coms for her birthday and she is in love with everything Glossier, but I myself am too undecided on what to get but this post has really helped 🙂 xx

5. March 13, 2018 / 12:41 pm

I absolutely loove both the Milky Jelly Cleanser and Balm Dot Com – I have the coconut flavour too and it’s amazing! I definitely recommend the Priming Moisturiser, it’s one of my all time fave makeup products xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

6. March 17, 2018 / 3:17 pm

I’ve seen so many good things about Glossier, the thing I’m pining after the most is definitely their lip balm as I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about it. I’d love to try out the cream blushers, especially the shade you’ve got as it looks bloody gorgeous! x

Alice | http://www.accordingtoalicex.com

7. March 27, 2018 / 8:48 pm

I’ve been hearing so much about Glossier. It’s a shame the boy brow disappointed you a bit – I’ve heard so many things about it! But I think I’ll still give it a try. Also the packaging is just SO dreamy!

8. March 28, 2018 / 10:44 am

I adore my Balm Dotcom in the flavour Birthday – it’s gorgeous, smells delicious so if you’re thinking of ordering another, I would definitely recommend that.. 😍 I also love the way their Milky Jelly Cleanser leaves my face, but I am in no way a big fan of the smell? I just don’t get on with it for some reason! 😩

9. April 2, 2018 / 3:00 pm

I must be one of the last-remaining people who hasn’t tried Glossier yet, haha. I think I’m most interested in trying out the cloud paint and balm dot com. I will bite the bullet and place an order one of these days!

Sneha | lifewithsneha.com