So you’ve booked a sunny holiday abroad, be it with your partner or your friends, either way you’re pretty damn excited! Cocktails, Lounging by the pool, exciting new food to try and lots of new places to see, Sounds perfect…
Then you get to your resort and come to find you’ve forgotten your favourite swimsuit or left your new beach towel behind- Not a complete holiday ruiner, but annoying all the same.
And so, because I’m one of those slightly odd people who LOVE making lists i’ve created one to help you with the dreaded holiday packing (Just thank me later)
On the plane-
- Passport and Purse- Goes without saying.
- Sweets/Snacks- I recommend chewy candy to stop your ears from popping!
- Makeup bag- I always take mine in my hand luggage, just in case.
- Moisturiser- although has to be under 100ml
- Travel insurance info
- Notebook and pen
- Currency – see moneysavingexpert.co.uk for the best deals
- Guide book – if you’re feeling particularly cultural
- A travel pillow – if you have an overnight flight
At the beach or by the pool-
- Beach bag – the roomier the better!
- Hair ties or hair band – essential for ‘sea hair’
- Sun cream – I’m fair so I tend to lather this on like theres no tomorrow.
- Bikinis/Swimsuit – These can be rolled up and stored in your shoes to save space in the suitcase.
- Sunnies – mirrored sunglasses are a huge trend this season.
- Book – Nothing I enjoy more than reading by the pool or on the beach. (See my top 10 holiday reads)
- Clutch bag or small bag – make sure it goes with every outfit
- Hair ties
- Camera – don’t forget the charger!
- Plasters – for those pesky blisters you always get with heels
For the bedroom-
- Travel adaptor – essential for your precious hair straighteners/Curling wand.
- Extension lead – to use with your adaptor so you can do your hair, charge your phone and have your speakers plugged in all at once (ESSENTIAL FOR A GIRLS HOLIDAY)
- Phone charger
- Spare plastic bags for underwear and dirty laundry.
For the bathroom cabinet
- Face wash
- Shower gel
- Body lotion
- After sun – brilliant for soothing sunburn, I recommend Ambre Solaire as it also offers a tint to enhance your summer glow!
- Insect bite cream
- Tweezers – don’t forget to pack in your case and not your hand luggage
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Razor and shaving gel
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Pain killers
I Would suggest:
- 2 sundresses to use for both night and day
- Pair of flats, flip-flops, wedges and sexy heels
- Pairs of shorts
- Maxi dress
- 5 tops (Depending on how long your stay is)
Makeup and beauty bits-
- Hair straighteners
- Hairdryer (If your hotel doesn’t provide one)
- Hairbrush and comb
- All your makeup
- Makeup remover
- Nail polish/Nail polish remover
- Cotton buds – for makeup slips
This was just a super quick list I created for a beach/sun-worshipping holiday. If you’re going on a more adventurous trip I wouldn’t recommend this as a guideline!
Either way- Have an awesome summer guys!